The Movie Buffer

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Dvd Rental Extravaganza!

I spent my movie budget last week on Thumbsucker and The Aristocrats so friday night was a movie reantal night. We got Family Guy Presents: Stewie Griffin - the Untold Story and Star Wars Episode 3.

Stewie Griffin - The Untold Story

The family guy was exactly what I expected, 90 minutes of "you remember when...", "this reminds me of..." and "like that time....". There were a few good laughs, the Roseanne part and some of the dialogue between the news anchors. But the rest was all the same jokes we liked on the show redone for the movie. Since the humour of the faily guy is based on just random acts it was hard to get into the film because nothing really fit together. There was about 10 minutes of story and then all flashbacks and time filler. I don't need to see Peter nurse a wound for more than 10 seconds tops. If you're a big fan of the series, then you will not be disappointed but if you're like me and are a casual fan of the show just watch the first season over and you'll have gotten the movie.

Should you rent this: Only a big fan should

Star Wars 3

I saw this one in theatres and I was rather pleased by it. When I watched it again, the flaws that were minute before became far more obvious. This is by no means a great movie but it does better than the previous two films. The action reminded me of Indiana Jones and lo and behold a guest director had taken the reigns from Lucas for the action scenes - that man was the one and only, Steven Spielberg. This movie is a decent action movie but a sub-par Star Wars movie. Also, the hand chopping off scenes get a little ludicrous

Should you rent this: If you want to finish the series, yes. Otherwise don't go out of your way to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home