The Movie Buffer

Thursday, November 17, 2005

What are you watching this weekend?

Unlike any part of the year. this is the time when good movies come out every weekend. This week is "Walk the Line", the Johnny Cash story( I call it this because 'biopic' is such a lame expression), and the new Harry Potter film "Goblet of Fire".

"Walk the Line" looks interesting though I am doubtful that Joaquin Pheonix will be a good Cash mostly because his previous attempts at acting are marginal at best. But my imagination has been piqued and I will certainly be there on opening night.

"Goblet of Fire" looks exactly like all the previous Potter offerings. Kids are obsessed with that little guy and parents seem to like it aswell. I'm going to pass on this one because I'm not a fan of the series or the books and also I want an unsullied mind when I watch the new Chronicles of Narnia flick. Now that's real fantasy writing!

Also, I'm going to catch an independent film called "thumbsucker", so a review is going to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home