The Movie Buffer

Saturday, October 15, 2005

I love stop-motion animation!


There, I said it! There something about these flims that just makes me happy. I bring this up not only as a precursor to the Wallace and Gromit review I will be posting after I see it shortly, but as a simple fact: I like claymation.

Not only is there the difficulty in making the story interesting but there is the delicate, time consuming process of moving the clay figurines into the right postions. The charm and nostalgia of a film like this is unparalleled. It's childish, fanciful and silly but it's a good thing like hot chocolate on a cold day, Saturday morning cartoons or playing dodgeball with your friends.

Movies like "The nightmare before Christmas" and shorts like those in the "Wallace and Gromit" series capture the viewers imagination and dazzle them with visual effects that can't be explained away by anything except for pure artistry.

Give clay a chance! It may just surprize you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home